Vice-Chancellor’s PhD Scholarship at RMIT University in Australia, – 2020If you’re looking for PhD’s degree funding, you should research your options as soon as possible. The Vice-Chancellor’s PhD Positions(VCPS) are funded by RMIT University.
The study grants are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and research potential to local and international candidates undertaking a research doctoral degree.
Vice-Chancellor’s PhD Scholarship at RMIT University in Australia, 2020
RMIT University receives an international reputation for excellence in professional and professional education, applied research and engagement with industry and community needs.
Why at RMIT University? RMIT gives you the opportunity to make your mark on the world through a unique study experience tailor-made for the individual. RMIT University is an Australian public research university located in Melbourne, Victoria.
Application Deadline: International applicants: 29 February 2020, Domestic applicants: 31 April 2020
University or Organization: RMIT University
Course Level: PhD’s degree
Award: $42,384.50 per annum
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: 10 VCPS awards
Nationality: Domestic and International students
The award can be taken in Australia
Eligible Countries: Domestic and International students can apply for this application .
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in PhD’s degree offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: To be considered for a VCPS scholarship you must hold, or be currently completing:
- a Master by research
- a Master by coursework with a significant research component graded as high distinction, or equivalent
- an Honours degree achieving first-class honors
- a 4-year bachelor’s degree achieving a GPA of 4 or equivalent (80% or above).
In addition to the above, to be eligible for this application you must:
- Students must be an Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia, or an international candidate who is commencing in an RMIT PhD program from 1 January 2018
- Applicants must have applied for a full-time PhD program at RMIT.
- VCPS opportunities are only open to commencing PhD candidates in the main scholarship round.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants need to take admission to the university. After taking this process, for information relating to scholarship opening rounds and to apply for a scholarship, please refer to the instructions detailed on research scholarships.
- Admission Requirements: Claimants are recommended to hold their previous degree certificate in the relevant subject area.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
The VCPS provides the following benefits to recipients:
- a stipend of $42,384.50 per annum pro rata (full-time study) which represents a generous RMIT top-up of approximately $15,000 above the RTP rate
- a research support allowance of $5,000 per annum to support research activities
- an HDR publication award of $10,000 (payable on thesis submission). Candidates must submit their thesis within three and a half years (or equivalent part-time) to be eligible for the award
- a relocation allowance for the cost of relocating in order to take up their postgraduate research program, up to $515 per adult and $255 per child to a maximum of $1,540
- paid sick, maternity and parenting leave (within the limits of the Scholarship Terms and Conditions).