The University of Georgia offers a wide variety of merit scholarships, some even covering full tuition, to recognize high achieving students who go above and beyond. The Scholarship is available for local students.
FIRST Scholars also receive funding to participate in a research program with a College of Engineering faculty member for up to 10 hours per week for one semester in the first two years of study.
- A total of 100% of your annual tuition and residence 4 fees.
- The award does not cover textbooks, stationery, living expenses or any traveling costs. Payments are in the form of an automated credit note to your tuition fee account after the release of your unit results.
- No cash is transferred to the students’ personal bank account.
To be eligible for Georgia university scholarships applicants must:
- Be enrolled or have received an offer to enroll as a full-time student at Georgia university in a Higher Certificate, the Foundation Programme or an undergraduate course of study leading to a higher education award
- Not be a recipient of any other financial support award;
- Be studying Year 12 (NSC) or equivalent (African citizens) or be studying in the final year of secondary school or equivalent (international); or
- Be able to demonstrate that the additional costs of textbooks, stationery, printing costs, living expenses, and travel costs can be covered at the student’s own cost.
- Georgia university scholarships are available to African and international students.
To be eligible for scholarships, applicants must first be accepted into their course at Georgia university. Applicants should then:
- Complete the Application for Georgia university Africa Scholarship form (pdf, 73kb) – you can also obtain the form from the Student Services Center
- Submit their application, along with any relevant documentation, by 15 February for Semester One and 30 April for Semester Two.
- Complete the application form
- Sign the declaration
- Attach all relevant supporting documentation as specified
- Return to the Student Fees Officer by the closing date
Applications Deadline: April 30, 2019.