The University of Oxford UK is currently accepting applications for the Nicholas Bratt Graduate Scholarship in the 2019/2020 academic year.
One full scholarship is available for applicants who are applying to any full-time taught or research course offered by the Medical Sciences Division and accepted at St John’s College.
Benefactor Nicholas Bratt completed his studies in Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) at the University of Oxford in 1967. He established this scholarship in 2013, in order to fund the studies of graduate scholars.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers course fees and a grant for living costs of at least £14,777.
- Unless otherwise stated, you will be considered automatically for these scholarships if:
- You are applying to start a new graduate course;
- You submit your course application by the relevant January admissions deadline;
- You are subsequently offered a place after consideration of applications received by the deadline;
- Your application is not placed on a waiting list or held back after the January admissions deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March admissions deadline; and
- You meet the eligibility criteria.
About the selection process:
- The eligibility criteria will be applied automatically, using the details you provide in the relevant sections of the graduate application form (for example, your country of ordinary residence and your previous education institutions), to determine whether you are eligible.
- Selection is based on academic merit, unless specified otherwise.
- Some of the scholarships are only tenable at specific colleges. Unless specified otherwise, you do not need to select that college as your preference on the graduate application form. All eligible applicants will be considered, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference. However, successful applicants will be transferred to the relevant college in order to take up the scholarship.
- Applicants who hold deferred offers to start in 2019-20 are not eligible to be considered for these scholarships.
How to Apply
There is no separate application process for this scholarship: to be considered, submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by noon on one of the following dates:16th November 2018 and 25th January 2019.