The New Zealand Embassy will award $1 million in scholarships to students willing to study in tree fruit industry communities in the spring of 2019. Recipients of these awards are pursuing two- and four-year college/university degrees and technical degrees at accredited vocational and Post Graduates Awards Across the Developing Nations in Africa.
Value of Award
- Scholarships range from $500 to $10,000 USD per academic year.
- Full tuition fee award, accommodation, living expenses and flights to and from USA
- Average awards are approximately $3,700.
- Funds provided may be applied to tuition, books, and fees.
- The number of scholarships available depends chiefly upon the number of sponsors and the amounts they contribute.
- Benefits of Free Tuition Fees and Accommodation
Apple Scholarships Awards are based on merit. To qualify, you must be a student who:
- Should be among the Developing African Nations
- To pursue BSc Master and Post Graduate Studies
- Willing to have International interest in Education
- Stipend at Wellcome Trust rates for four years (starting stipend = £19,913)
- Research Support grant
- Visa costs (for the overseas students)
Successful applicants may have the opportunity to apply to undertake a two to three month research project at Harvard University as part of their studies.
How to Apply
- Students must include current transcripts
- Must include email addresses for two faculty members who have agreed to serve as references.Submit your application online
- For more information, contact New Zealand International Scholarships
Deadline: Online applications are accepted 1 November, through March 1, 2019.