Advance your basic Science and Mathematical skills through the PhD Scholarships. The Centre for Tropical Crops and Biocommodities (CTCB) is looking for PhD students to join the National Tree Genomics Program starting in early 2020.
This program is aiming to ensure future food security by developing elite horticultural tree cultivars. All highly qualified students from all over the world are eligible to apply for the opportunity. The PhD projects will focus on understanding the genetic regulation of flowering, phase change and shoot architecture in five target crops: avocado, macadamia, citrus, almond and mango.
The Queensland University of Technology is a public research university that was founded in 1989. It has approximately 11,000 postgraduate students, including approximately 2,800 research students.
Why at the Queensland University of Technology? While studying at the QUT, students have many opportunities to gain professional experience through workplace projects in Australia and overseas.
Application Deadline: January 24, 2020
- University: The Centre for Tropical Crops and Biocommodities (CTCB)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The PhD support will be awarded in Science and mathematics.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A bachelor degree with first-class honours or a research masters degree with a substantial research component
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in teams and individually.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you are interested to apply for the opportunity, you need to take admission in the University. After taking admission, all applicants are must complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Certified copies of award certificates, academic transcripts, passport, and language ability proof.
- Admission Requirements: You need to check your academic score or percentages according to your state.
- Language Requirement: The applicants, whose national language is not English, are suggested to demonstrate the English language excellence through the TOEFL or IELTS test.
The successful applicants will receive a living allowance for three years, indexed annually ($28,092 in 2020). The grant is for full-time students and can be used to support living costs. International students may also receive a research degree tuition fee sponsorship.