5 Doctoral Candidate Scholarship in Ethics of Science and Philosophy of Science in Germany – Leibniz University Hannover and Bielefeld University jointly seeking applications for the Doctoral Candidate Positions in Ethics of Science and/or Philosophy of Science, starting April 1, 2020.
5 Doctoral Candidate Scholarship in Ethics of Science and Philosophy of Science in Germany
Funded by the German national funding agency (DFG), GRK 2073 “Integrating Ethics and Epistemology of Scientific Research” is a research training group that established as a joint project by Leibniz University Hannover and Bielefeld University.
The Leibniz University Hannover is one of the largest and oldest science and technology universities in Germany. Founded on 2 May 1831, it is a public university that provides 190 full and part degree programs in 38 study fields through its nine faculties.
Bielefeld University was founded in 1969, located in the west of Bielefeld, Germany. It has 13 faculties and combines the best of German university tradition with innovative research and teaching structures.
Application Deadline: December 12, 2020
- University or Organization: Leibniz University Hannover and Bielefeld University
- Department: Ethics of Science and Philosophy of Science
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: Salary roughly between 1600 to 1750 €, and health insurance
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 5 doctoral positions
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: All countries from around the world
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded for the doctoral degree in Philosophy at Leibniz University Hannover or Bielefeld University.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The obligations of each holder of one of the advertised positions will be to conduct research on a dissertation project that contributes to the research program of GRK 2073 and to participate in the training activities that are specified by the qualification program.
- Holders of the positions must enroll as doctoral students in philosophy at Leibniz University Hannover or Bielefeld University.
- It is expected that they take residence in the region of their respective campus.
- Applicants should be fluent in English and able to demonstrate an interest in at least one of the two areas: practical philosophy of science (i.e., ethics and/or political philosophy of science) or theoretical philosophy of science (epistemology and/or metaphysics of science)
- They need to specify a dissertation project that fits the aims of the research program of GRK 2073.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants are required to download the application form for one of ant doctoral positions. Applications must submit by e-mail to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Cover letter, CV, Research proposal (“Exposé”) be of between 1,500 and 2,000 words length, Indication of preference, and degree certificates.
- Admission Requirements: They must hold a relevant university degree (typically an MA degree in Philosophy or HPS), and must be eligible to enroll as doctoral students in Philosophy at Leibniz University Hannover or Bielefeld University.
- Language Requirement: Applicants should be fluent in English. The Graduiertenkolleg (research training group) GRK 2073 “Integrating Ethics and Epistemology of Scientific Research” working the language of GRK 2073 is English.
- The doctoral positions will be occupied as 65% Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in positions on salary scale TV-L 13.
- The amount of the monthly net salary is roughly among 1600 to1750 € plus benefits such as health insurance.
- The position appointment will be for 3 years. Three positions are expected to be located at Leibniz University Hannover and the other two at Bielefeld University.